s
s
Sections
Sections
Sections
Sections
Subscribe

Welcome to the parish. Parish Cafe, that is.

I've known for a while that Parish Cafe, chef Rob Lippincott's New Orleans restaurant, was due to open in Healdsburg any day, but on Saturday, when I was driving towards town after a visit to the Davero Tasting Room, I spotted an open door and people sitting at [...]

By | October 22nd, 2012|0 Comments

Wednesday Evening’s Farm Forum in Petaluma

Early Wednesday evening at The Seed Bank in Petaluma, Clark Wolf and Marcy Smothers present another in their farm forum series. The Late Summer Farm Forum features ten panelists and, if things go as they usually do, a lively audience eager to participate. The discussion takes place from 5 to [...]

By | September 25th, 2012|0 Comments

DaVero’s Last Sunset Supper of 2012

Next Thursday, September 27, DaVero hosts its final Sunset Supper of the season. The featured chef is Matt Paille of Epicurean Escape Catering and the wines are, of course, DaVero's. In honor of the season and this bittersweet time of year, the final Sunset Supper of 2012 will [...]

By | September 21st, 2012|0 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: New Thursday Market in Santa Rosa

This Thursday morning, July 12, at 9 a.m., a farmers market opens at the WIC office parking lot, located at 1450 Guerneville Rd. in Santa Rosa. The market, the third operated by the Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market, will continue on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 pm. through [...]

By | July 10th, 2012|0 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: Harvest Season Is In Full Swing

The season of abundance, which arcs over summer and fall, is in full swing, with all sixteen of our farmers markets open, offering twenty-three market days each week. Markets take place everyday but Monday and on certain days--Wednesdays, for example--you have a choice of three or four markets. If you’ve [...]

By | July 10th, 2012|0 Comments

What are you eating today?

In today's Seasonal Pantry, which you can read here, I invite readers to share what will be on the table today. So, here's your chance, tell us what's on the menu and where you got the ingredients. I'll start: I've made a salad of green beans, [...]

By | July 4th, 2012|14 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market Open on the Fourth

It will be business as usual at the Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market on July 4. The market will open at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at noon in the southeast parking lot of the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts, located at 50 Mark West Springs Rd. in Santa [...]

By | July 3rd, 2012|0 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: Redwood Empire Certified Farmers Market Open on the Fourth

On Wednesday, the new Redwood Empire Farmers Market shifts from its inaugural location on the west side of the Santa Rosa Veterans Building to the large east-side parking lot vacated by the Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market in mid-May, when it moved to the Wells Fargo Center. Although many [...]

By | July 3rd, 2012|0 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: Glen Ellen

The Glen Ellen Community Farmers Market, now in its second year, is thriving, with a combination of established vendors who travel the market circuit and new vendors who have chosen this market to get their sea legs. A couple of nearby farms, Two Moon Family Farm of Glen Ellen and [...]

By | June 29th, 2012|0 Comments

Fresh From Our Farmers: SAVOR at Santa Rosa Original Farmers Market this Saturday

First, if you showed up at the Wells Fargo Center after 11 a.m. last Saturday expecting to shop, you were likely confused and disappointed. When the Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market moved to this new location on May 19, it was with a few restrictions, one of [...]

By | June 8th, 2012|5 Comments